Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sponsors of Brave: Be Brave Mzansi Competition Rules
1. The promoter of this competition is Media24 Proprietary Limited, acting through its 24.com division ("24.com", "we" or "us"), in partnership with Adcock Ingram Healthcare (PTY) Ltd (Hereinafter referred to as “Adcock Ingram OTC”).
2. By participating in the competition and/or submitting any competition submission, entrants and participants agree to be bound by these Rules.
3. We may amend these Rules, as well as any aspect of the competition, at any stage without notice to entrants and participants, who agree to be bound by such amendments.
4. The competition will commence at 9:00 AM on 07 September 2021 and will close midnight on 30 November 2021 with voting closing on 1 December 00:00 AM, in the Republic of South Africa, unless otherwise informed by 24.com.
5. WARRANTIES BY PARTICIPANTS
5.1 The Participant must be at least 18 years or older and be a legal resident of the republic of South Africa, any person who is under the age of 18 (eighteen) years (“a minor”) must obtain their parent or legal guardian's consent, in order to enter and qualify as a Participant/Entrant for the Promotion (hereinafter referred to as “Participant);
5.2 All Participants featured in any competition submission, have read, understood and have expressly and irrevocably agreed to these Rules;
5.3 Participation in the competition is entirely at Participants’ own risk. By participating in the competition, all Participants release us, our sponsors, partners, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this competition from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participation in this competition;
All Participants featured in any competition submission, have expressly consented to their inclusion in the submission and the use, storage, editing, adapting, merging with other content and processing of the submission and their names, images and likenesses by us and our sponsors and partners for purposes of running the competition as well as in advertising and promotional material related to or associated with the competition in any medium or platform of any nature anywhere in the world without any compensation being due to them whatsoever, which they have irrevocably waived.
5.4 All competition submissions shall be lawfully produced and shall not feature any unlawful, distasteful, unsafe, offensive, obscene, discriminatory or defamatory content or conduct, any material that infringes the rights of any third party, including but not limited to any intellectual property rights, or any material aimed at furthering the commercial interests of any party included but not limited to any advertising;
5.5 The prizes awarded in the competition will be awarded based on assessments of submissions made by judges relying on the criteria set out in these Rules, amongst others. There is thus no element of randomness in the competition and prizes are not awarded by lot or chance.
5.6 Should any content in respect of which any third party owns any intellectual property rights be incorporated within any competition submission, the express consent of such third party shall have been obtained by Participants for use of such material for purposes of running the competition as well as in advertising and promotional material related to or associated with the competition in any medium or platform of any nature anywhere in the world without any compensation being due to them whatsoever; and
6. INDEMNITY BY PARTICIPANTS
Should any of the warranties given in clause 5 above be breached then the responsible Participant’s indemnify and hold us, our sponsors, partners, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this competition harmless from and against any liability, loss, claim, damage, injury, fine, penalty, legal costs and any other professional or legal expenses of any nature whatsoever arising out of or relating to (whether directly or indirectly) such breach.
7. LICENCE TO SUBMISSIONS AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE
7.1 We do not claim ownership of any competition submissions, but by submitting any submission Participants in competition submissions irrevocably grant to us and our sponsors and partners a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable and sub-licensable licence to use, adapt and merge with any other content, all competition submissions in any way whatsoever for purposes of running, administering, advertising and promoting the competition.
7.2 Participants in competition submissions agree not to use their submissions, or any adaptations or substantial parts thereof, for any commercial purpose that may compete with us, our partners, our sponsors or the competition.
8. PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.2 The Participant consents to us and our sponsors and partners using, processing, editing and storing the personal information supplied to us in any entry for purposes of running, administering, advertising and promoting the competition and the other purposes consented to in these Rules.
8.3 The Participant consents to being contacted by us and our sponsors and partners regarding the competition, as well as use by us and our sponsors and partners of the Participants’ personal information for future, unrelated marketing purposes, including but not limited to direct marketing.
9. The following persons are excluded from this competition:
9.1 a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to 24.com or Adcock Ingram OTC, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by 24.com; and Adcock Ingram OTC
9.2 a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition; and
9.3 the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of the parties referred to in 9.1 and 9.2.
10. All entries must be made within the entry mechanism contained in the Sponsors of Brave microsite as hosted by News24 on the 24.com network. By clicking on the competition link, Participants will be directed to the competition page where they must complete their submission/nomination.
11. In respect of each Participant, the following complete, valid, true and correct information must be submitted:
11.1 full name and surname;
11.2 e-mail address;
11.3 cellphone number;
11.4 details of the video submission;
11.5 closest city;
12. In order to complete an entry, each Participant must confirm his/her email address and contact number when prompted to do so. If you do not confirm your email address or if any of the information submitted is incomplete, incorrect or otherwise invalid, your entry will not be considered.
13. Only one entry per individual will be allowed.
14. All entries, duly completed, must be received by 24.com before the competition closing date and time. If not, such entry will not be eligible, regardless of the reason for the late receipt of the entry, including due to lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, or illegible will be void.
15. There will be three overall prize winners - one by a nationwide public vote, two chosen by the panel of judges, and The Ndlovu Youth Choir - one for the best individual or family and one for the best school or organisation. The judges prize winner will be selected from all submissions by a panel of Judges appointed by News 24 and Adcock Ingram OTC, who will consider the following criteria:
15.1 The submission must display a sense of Ubuntu and caring for fellow South Africans.
15.2 The submission must be inspiring.
15.3 The submission must enjoy significant public support as confirmed by public votes for the submission.
16. Winners will be contacted prior to 24.com announcing the winners on News24 http://news24.com and the dedicated sponsors of brave website.
17. Winners names may be used in the winner announcement on 24.com’s respective channels.
18. The winner will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us on or before 10 December 2021.
19. The prize is non-transferable.
20. We reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion or to change the prize at any time without notice to you.
21. Proof of identity of representative will be required to collect the prize and we reserve the right to refuse payment or handing over of a prize to any potential winner who refuses to, or cannot, provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity.
22. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
24. You may not be awarded a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you.
25. No "automated" entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually on our Platforms where the competition is displayed.
26. If any entry has been made in any manner which in 24.com's discretion may provide a Participant with an unfair advantage over other Participants unless these rules specifically allow such conduct, such Participant will be automatically disqualified from this and all future competitions run by 24.com.
27. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry if we suspect the entry is inappropriate, fraudulent, or we suspect vote-rigging in any way.
1. Every week for 8 weeks:
The person that has sent in the chosen nomination to flight, will receive R5 000 in cash from Adcock Ingram OTC (total of R40 000 over 8 weeks)
2. Overall three winners:
Overall three winners: Two decided by the judging panel, the other voted for by the readers. All winners will receive the opportunity to win cash prizes.